At the beginning of February I made a goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes challenge to fix up our change pads in preparation for baby #3. Success!

Monster change pads

I found some very cute monster flannel along with a couple others that matched nicely. I used the same fabrics for both change pads partly because I picked up enough for both (and then some) and didn’t feel like making a second trip out, and partly because the boys liked them so much. I kept it simple. I used the original change pad fabric for the backside, and put a new vinyl layer (which came sandwiched between light batting layers and thus made the pads softer) on the inside.

Change pads with original fabric

Thus far the new pads seem far more durable, are a slightly better size, are snugglier, and elicit much more cooperation during diaper changes than the old ones.

Advertisements