At the beginning of April I made a goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes to sew a spring hoodie for my three-year old.

Hoodie

I had planned to follow the Tiger Hoodie Jacket pattern by Puperita. This pattern would have led to a sweater fully lined in an adorable way (which was why I originally chose this pattern). But the fabric my kiddo chose for the outside was a little too thick to line the inside; the sweater would have been much too bulky for such a little guy. So I modified the pattern to omit the lining. I still used the lining fabric he chose to make the pockets. (He LOVES the monkey and lion peeking out!) While my sewing skills still need some work and things don’t always match up where they should, I am pretty pleased with the end result.

I got my goal done early this month. (And while the weather is still appropriate for it!) This is also very helpful because I’m still in the starting phase of the April Project Quilting off-season challenge, and I expect it will take the next couple weeks to get this one done. One thing at a time…

Advertisements